PRACTICE – General Info
- All practices for both Football & Cheer are held at Northgate High School. Practice begins the first week of August starting with that Monday. Sometimes that Monday will be the end of July.
- Practice goes 5 days a weeks for 2 hours each day up until the first game. The first game is typically the first Saturday in September.
- After the first game practice changes to 3 days a week for 2 hours each day. Those days are set each season as we schedule our time with the high school.
- Practice times are generally 6pm – 8pm or 630pm – 830pm. These will be provided ahead of time once they are confirmed.
- Insure your child has [tooltip title="Warning" content="Water is the only acceptable drink on the turf field. We encourage everyone to bring water to avoid this conflict." type="warning" ]water[/tooltip] for every practice. We do not provide water nor is it available at the field. We recommend at least 2 quarts.
PRACTICE – Guidelines
- The first week of practice is a mandatory conditioning week. Any athlete (football or cheer) missing a day during conditioning will be required to make that day up before participating in any contact or stunting activities.
- Practice is a requirement not optional. We expect prior notification from the parent to the head coach for any situation where your child in unable to attend practice. Missing practices could lead to limited playing time at the discretion of the head coach. If the head coach feels these absences are impacting the player’s ability to participate they may be released from the program.
- Practice time is relatively short so starting on time is critical. We expect each athlete to be responsible and accountable towards being at the field on time and dressed ready to go.
- Once practice ends our coaching staff leave the premiss. Please insure you have arrangements made for your child’s pickup in advance and have discussed this with them. It is very dark after practice ends and we cannot be responsible for any unsupervised kids remaining on campus.
- Parents are not allowed on the practice field at any time. If you need to speak with your child we ask that it wait until the coaches provide a break or after practice.
- Parents are not allowed to provide additional coaching to their children while practice is in session. If you have any issues with the practice plan or organization please discuss that with the head coach.